We love a good tale!
The Dean Heritage Centre is full of stories and mysteries (and artifacts) taken from the historic Forest of Dean. Over time we are pulling out some fascinating tales to share, so do revisit our page or sign up for our newsletter
The Dean Heritage Centre has an ongoing events and activities programme and we send a newsletter to let people know what is going on. If you would like to find the best time to come and enjoy everything we have to offer, then please sign up.
A trip to the Dean Heritage Centre can include:
- Visiting the museum – both inside stories and outside spaces
- Viewing the Forester’s cottage, Charcoal burners camp and freemine in the grounds
- Walking the trail – watch as it changes with the seasons
- Playing in the playground, over the wobbly bridge
- Picnic in the grounds
- Having a go at the craft activities
- Seeing the current exhibitions, both downstairs are and upstairs in Gallery 41
- Researching the history of your local family or your house in the Gage library
- Enjoying food and drink in the cafe
- Come to events
If you buy a season ticket then you can make a day of it or drop in for an hour or two, come for a picnic or one of our special events. We have different exhibitions and events all year round. Do visit our website for more details or sign up on the day.
To receive the newsletter, please fill in the form below. The Dean Heritage Centre aims to be the best possible Centre for our community and visitors interested in the Heritage of the Forest of Dean. You can unsubscribe at any time